so this is a really unimportant post, but since that's what this is for, here it goes. mom/dad, how many hours was it that dad worked that really crazy overtime year (last year?)? i'm just wondering/looking for a goal to surpass. my check stub is accumulated in dollars not hours, but if my numbers crunching serves me correctly, starting at the beginning of this week, i should be able to take the rest of the year off. as of September 19th i was at 2040 hours.
i catch some crap at work (jokingly of course) about being an overtime hog or "greedy". this is really not the case. i just have this illness that if they ask or need me to work i can't say no. maybe it's some ego driven thing where i like to feel wanted, or maybe its just that i don't want to be the bad guy. either way, it is what it is and i yam what i yam (toot toot). i just wanted to vent for a little bit. have a good weekend and i love you all.
ryan
4 comments:
ps, look at the time stamp. yes, i just got off work.
ryan
hey just remember that you can't forget about the little ones at home and that beloved wife of yours. they need you too. They are not going to be little for long as you already know. -
boy i wish i got some of the non lazyness genes.
Yikes Ryan.. that really sucks. I agree with Stacey though, and it's easy for me being that I'm not in the position (being freelance and all). But do say "no." Everyone already knows you're a hard worker and reliable. Hang out with Casey and the girls because they're much cooler than oily cars and stinky men.
Ryan, I'm like you. I would never turn down work. It's probably part of our German heritage. And for sure, I rather be needed than not needed. I like to think that my work gives value to the company, and I like my company.
My 2006 numbers looked like this....By September 17th, I had worked 2625 hours. My total for the year ended up being 3704. That was a lot of hours, but I really liked the money. I didn't hear Claudia complain too much, and by that time we really didn't have anyone at home anymore.
Claudia says she remembers when she went to work, and asked the kids if they would rather have her home or have the extra money, and she says all the kids voted to go for the extra money. Do you remember that? I think she makes up a lot of stuff.
I hope you're making enough money and socking it away to buy that dream home you and Casey have always talked about. Remember that I'll come and help you if you need it.
dAd
Post a Comment