Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Yay for Labor Day!

 Emily and I went to Portsmouth, New Hampshire over Labor Day weekend for her sister Abby's wedding.  I didn't travel East much growing up, so I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity and cram as much in as possible.
We stopped by New Canaan, CT on our way out to tour Phillip Johnson's glass house.  We drove through Boston and ate on Newbury Street.

During a free hour before the wedding I drove to Maine and saw a lighthouse... It's back there if you look closely!

We saw the Book of Mormon musical by South Park creators Matt Paker & Trey Stone.  We walked on the High Line and ate at this place where Leonardo DiCaprio ate once... OMG!!
 
We stayed at the Ace Hotel and got upgraded to a loft!!  It was really cool.  This was the view from our window.

We saw the Flatiron building (designed by Daniel Burnham, Co-author of the Chicago plan of 1909 and Director of Works for the World's Columbian Exposition in 1893), the Statue of Liberty, and the  9/11 Memorial.
Then I had to drive home and I was really tired... but we had a great time, which is easy to do when you're not at work!!  Happy Labor Day!!

2 comments:

betsey said...

What a great trip! I'm so glad that you guys made the most of your adventure! I'm impressed with how much you crammed into the days! Congrats to Emily's sister Abby! What a year for the Mowry girls!

a gimbel said...

I wish I could have hidden in the back seat and gone along on all your adventures! I would have loved doing every single thing that you did, and seeing every single thing that you saw! I am glad you came back a happy tired!

Now, when are we going to see you? Dad and I think we may come out over our anniversary if you are free.

Love you ,
Claudia