I'm sorry people, I really do love NPR! I know that Margie (and probably others) get tired of me posting links to great NPR stories, but I can't help myself! I think there are just some things we should hear about!
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12353776
I'm just floored by this story. I realize that we live in a country that had legal segregation until 1954 (and later in some places), but I just can't believe how such incredible racial unrest still exists. It was especially poignant to me that these are high school students. For some reason, I thought that those in the "younger generation" would not divide themselves so much according to race.
Sorry to be so heavy, but I just thought the story was very interesting
4 comments:
interesting story... I was at our rec center the other day getting done with some basketball and before I was done I dunked to see if I still had it in me (I did, I'm awesome). I was then kicked out by a black girl working there cause dunking is not allowed but just the game before a black kid was dunking all over the place. Obviously not a big deal or anything, but the NPR story made me think of it.
-karl
I think that maybe people feel more comfortable confronting people they don't know or don't feel a relationship with. in my own lame example, I know I usually automatically feel a frienship/relationship with someone that I meet who is a Mormon.
Great job on the dunking Karl...you rock.
yeah I know how that goes... that chick was back there today watching the courts and there was more dunking... whatever.
-karl
That story really sickens me. That's so disappointing that situations like that are so blatantly possible.
Lame.
Post a Comment