Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Edward/Rusty!

Here is a little cake for you.

Here is a picture of us with your wife.

A picture of your wife kissing our baby. Clearly, next time I see you...I need to take some pictures!
XOXOXO
Happy Birthday, Edward...Happy Birthday to YA!

6 comments:

Janet Johnson said...

Ah, Happy Birthday, Rusty! Sorry, I still can't make myself call you Edward. :)

Hope you have a good one!

a gimbel said...

Edward Russell,

The chances of you reading this post are perhaps more likely than receiving a timely placed phone call (although I will most certainly attempt to call you), but I wanted to be sure you knew that my thoughts were of you today.

I can remember going into labor with you at two o'clock in the morning and waiting for your dad to get home from general motors. When they pulled up, he knew that he would be going to the hospital because all the downstairs lights of the Walworth house were all lit up. I had already arranged for someone from church to be at the house with the other kids. You were born between six and six-thirty in the morning (by C-section of course, even though I had been in labor for nearly five hours) and your dad was the first to greet you into this world. We knew right away that you would have his name! You were BIG--exactly ten pounds, and you were a sweet, happy, contented baby.

I love you SO MUCH! You are never far from my thoughts, and always in my prayers as you go through this training, which I can't even imagine its difficulty!

I hope that you are able to enjoy at least a small respite from the cares of the world as you celebrate with your wonderful little family. We love you all and miss you, and are counting the days until we can see you again!

Mother

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

Sweet Betsey. You're always so thoughtful. As for updated photos... it really has been a long time since we've hung out with any of you guys :( Visit our blog if you want to know what Edward's face looks like these days.

a gimbel said...

Happy birthday bro! We love you and miss you and are excited for your family to be closer.

Karl & Emily

Margie and Brandon said...

Thinking of you today, Rusty! Hope it's a great day. Much love, your sister and brandon.

Edward said...

Thanks everybody! It's great to feel squishy familial affection from everyone. Yay birth!