Monday, February 19, 2007

Grandpa is in the hospital

Claudia writes,

I don't know how many of you have heard that Grandpa is in the hospital. He fell last week, and while it wasn't a terrible fall, any fall with a senior citizen is serious. Because he is taking coumadin, a blood thinner, he bled internally for at least three days because of the fall, and his arm became inflamed and swollen. they have him in the extended care unit, at least until Tuesday, and they will probably admit him directly into a the nursing home. I know it will be a lot harder in there for him. He is going to have to share a room until a single unit becomes available. He will hate that.

I'm so worried about it all, and I hate second-guessing myself about every decision. I know that for Grandpa's safety it has to be done. He is incredibly feeble, and can hardly get around. I should have acted on the nursing home thing a month ago, but didn't want to take a day off to get him to the doctor.

Anyway, you can send him cards, either to my house or to his old house because they'll forward mail. He sure is proud of you all, and loves hearing from you.

I'll call with updates, or post updates later.

Love, Claudia

2 comments:

a gimbel said...

thats sad. .............. i don't think i'll take getting old very well. i'm a little stubborn among other things. i hope he heals up ok.



-ryan

Edward said...

Hey ma, tell Grandpa we're thinking 'bout him. We should send him a postcard from o'er here...

-Rusty