Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hawkins Update #2

I know you are all on the edge of your seats waiting for my blog post today. Yesterday's post was so exciting! I bet you couldn't even sleep!

On Monday, we went to the allergist for Nora.  Nora got some tests done to figure out what other nuts she is allergic to.  You may remember that she is allergic to nuts.  You can read all about it here.  

Nora was clearly not very happy to be at the doctors office.  Poor girl.  She got pricked on her back 3 different times.  We then had to make sure she didn't scratch her back for 20 minutes while the test results showed up on her back.  

We walked the halls and read some stories.  She was just great.  We found out that Nora is allergic to peanuts and cashews.  We are going to do a "food challenge" to test for almonds.  I liked that the allergist called it a food challenge.  It makes it sound like an olympic event or reality television show.  For the challenge, we take Nora into the allergists office and give her almonds there, just in case she has a reaction.  That happens in July.  We'll keep you posted!


1 comment:

a gimbel said...

Poor sweet baby Nora!

I remember how sweet you always were, Betsey, and then Doctor Nagel would give you your injections, and you would look at him with your face saying, "How could you do that to me. I was so happy!" Then your little lip would make a pout and you would begin to cry. It was almost like a personal insult!

Anyway, the photos just reminded me of you so much. I miss you!

Love, Claudia