Sunday, February 25, 2007

Grandpa is really sick

It's Sunday evening and I should be climbing into bed, but Benet and I just got home from the hospital a little while ago, and I am too wired to sleep. The last four days have been so exhausting, and emotional. Grandpa has been on the verge of death, and is now in intensive care. He had a tear in the bottom of his esophagus and/or the beginning of his stomach, and has been bleeding internally. I won't give too many details, because I don't want Karl to almost pass out again, but after Karl visited him Saturday, Grandpa got worse, and almost died. The doctors also found that he had some artrial fibrillation happening to his heart, so they are treating that also. While he is not out of the woods yet, he did have a much better day today, and I am feeling very calm about it all. Everything is in God's hands, and we are at peace with whatever happens. I am so glad Benet has been here to go through this with me, and I sure appreciate Dad holding down the fort while we are practically living at the hospital.

Anyway, that explains why you haven't heard from me very much. I tried to call, Margie and let you know about everything, and I will probably talk to you, Ryan, about staying at your house if we have to come out west for a funeral. If you want to get more frequent updates, call me on my cell.

Continue to pray for Grandpa and that we can all accept whatever happens. I hope to talk to you all soon.

Love, Claudia

2 comments:

a gimbel said...

any time mom, just let me know.

-ryan

Edward said...

I'm sorry Mom. But I'm glad that Benet is there too. You guys have a good sense of of this whole thing, and Grandpa is a pretty darn cool guy. Tell him I miss him and I'm sure Meridth loves him too.

>Hearts!<

-Rusty