This was about two years ago. I had my hair pretty long this year, but cut it for some interview stuff. I wish i wouldn't have, but emily thinks I'm handsome :)
Karl, I can't get over how young you look in that picture. I know it was only two years ago, but you definitely don't have the same little boy look now that you had then. But I agree with Emily; you are very handsome.
I'm taking a break from grading papers to catch up with everybody. We are having a blizzard up here and so I have a snow day, and probably another one tomorrow. I guess I will still officially be teaching school on June 5th. Bummer. I've got the iPod on and am grooving to a Hall and Oates tune. It takes me back to a time when I was driving in the Chicago suburbs with Aunt Liz and this song came on. It was before Teressa was born, and we were on our way to see Larry at work. It's so funny the connections our minds make with the music that we hear at different moments of our lives.
Sometimes when I hear certain songs I become almost melancholic, thinking that those times are LONG gone, and they only exist in the chemical nuances of my individual brain cells. It's like you can almost taste those experiences again, but not quite.
N-E-Ways (stolen from a note I confiscated yesterday), I should get back to my grading. If I can get this last pile done, I will be ready for interims by Friday. That will be a first!
4 comments:
You Gimbel men and your hair! What a riot!
Karl, I can't get over how young you look in that picture. I know it was only two years ago, but you definitely don't have the same little boy look now that you had then. But I agree with Emily; you are very handsome.
I'm taking a break from grading papers to catch up with everybody. We are having a blizzard up here and so I have a snow day, and probably another one tomorrow. I guess I will still officially be teaching school on June 5th. Bummer. I've got the iPod on and am grooving to a Hall and Oates tune. It takes me back to a time when I was driving in the Chicago suburbs with Aunt Liz and this song came on. It was before Teressa was born, and we were on our way to see Larry at work. It's so funny the connections our minds make with the music that we hear at different moments of our lives.
Sometimes when I hear certain songs I become almost melancholic, thinking that those times are LONG gone, and they only exist in the chemical nuances of my individual brain cells. It's like you can almost taste those experiences again, but not quite.
N-E-Ways (stolen from a note I confiscated yesterday), I should get back to my grading. If I can get this last pile done, I will be ready for interims by Friday. That will be a first!
I love you all,
Claudia
Jeepers Karl, what did you take that picture with, a Xerox machine? Digital's come a long way baby!
-Rusty
PS - Love me, love my chops.
That was actually taken with my buddy's phone so I am pretty impressed with the quality, jerk.
:) karl
unibomber anyone?
-ryan
Post a Comment