Monday, February 5, 2007

What are your plans for the V-Day?

Happy Monday everyone! I was just wondering what everyone is planning on doing for their Valentines Day Celebrations (aka Casey's birthday FYI). Does anyone have any surprises for their spouse/significant other? I tried to surprise Richard by getting him a CD of one of his favorite bands (Gypsy Kings), but he arrived home first, got the mail, and Amazon.com had the portion of the invoice where it says what is inside exposed...so Richard knows what I got him. Bummer. Anyway, we are also going to celebrate this Saturday night by going to this nice restaurant called AOC, which is a tapas place. Richard was taken there by a law firm when he was interviewing and really liked it. Then we are going to a movie. Pretty standard. Anyone have an romantic tricks up their sleeves?

6 comments:

a gimbel said...

Mother writes:
Hey, I could sure use some ideas about what to do for your dad? I have no ideas about a romantic Valentine celebration. That, of course, is indicative of almost thirty-four years of marriage. You would think I could easily know what would thrill your dad, but I'm at a loss. Does that make me selfish, or am I simply disinterested and disengaged? I think that after all these years of trying to think of fun, cute or imaginative gifts, that I have just given up. So children, help me get back on the bandwagon with some fun, romantic Valentine's Day surprises for your dad.

Thanks in advance.
Claudia

a gimbel said...

ryan proclaims:

i know what makes dad happy. leaving him alone. :) i'm kidding. but he does seem to be most happy toiling away on some maniacal scheme. casey and i always go to ruby river and order the biggest stake. we usually spend a good couple hours eating at our own pace and chatting. its very fun. :)

-ryan

a gimbel said...

I'm not sure what i am doing. I always get emily a bunch of candy so i can eat it all. I'll probably continue that trend.

-karl

a gimbel said...

I don't think we'll do anything excited for the holiday. But I did order some Valentine's cards from my iPhoto. Be excited to get 'em.

Love you!
-M

Edward said...

Go with Karl's plan. I think Dad would approve.

Meridth and I are likely to see a movie. Not on Valentine's mind you. I can't be bothered facing the crowds of slack-jawed limies pretending to love each other. That and "Hot Fuzz" doesn't come out until the 16th. Go love!

Dad likes food, but he hates hassle. When was the last time you cooked something really special for him?

-Rusty

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

I think there's no harm in asking Ed what he might like..or at least try to prod it out of him... Edward (my Edward) sometimes confuses me with what he wants for b-days et cetera .... so I usually just flat out ask him.

Interesting how holidays can be so stressful.

Love you,

Meridth