
While conducting research (ie surfing the web) at work today, I checked the page for the Decatur Daily Democrat and came across this glamour shots photo
This is Eric (Keebie) Meyer. I'm not exactly sure if "Keebie" is his nickname or maiden name or what, but this is the potential new mayor of Decatur. Mayor Fred Isch, was defeated in the Republican primary.
From the Decatur Daily Democrat, Meyer "carried seven of eight city precincts and defeated Mayor Fred Isch by a surprisingly large margin in Tuesday's Republican primary election. Meyer's stunning victory with 58 percent of the vote insures the city a new mayor after Isch served five consecutive terms. And the new mayor will be only the city's third in 32 years!
Meyer is a detective in the police force, which is no suprise to me considering that awesome hair style he is sporting. You can read the riviting and very well written (sarcasm here for all those who can't tell) at the following link
http://www.decaturdailydemocrat.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5276&Itemid=27
7 comments:
i've heard of the guy. as a detective of the DPD, i'm sure he's had to solve some whoppers in his day. kinda interesting that he beat out isch in 7 of the 8 precincts. the city has spoken.
good times.
-ryan
Are those the faint whisps of a mullet at his 6 o'clock? Yikes.
-Rusty
As a new Republican resident of Decatur, I watched this race very closely. I think "Keebie" did a better job at getting his name out there. He had signs on all major intersections - except 5th & Jefferson. Personally, I stand for the people's right to determine their own future. This campaign was a lot more than just ending Isch's occupation of Decatur, it was about getting Decatur to the forefront of northwest Indiana’s rebirth! To Blufton and beyond!
-Brandon
Win one for 'the Gipper' man...it's morning in Adams County.
-Rusty
brandon, that was an inspiring and motivating assessment. have you considered writing for the Decatur Daily Democrat while shanghai-ed there? well played.
-ryan
I guess "keebie" was married to emily's aunt for a while. She says he's as awesome as the picture shows.
-karl
That's amusingly ambiguous.
-Rusty
Post a Comment