Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More Gingerbread Man Sightings



Look at this! The Gingerbread Man is working on a new 2008 Chevy pick-up truck! I hope that he is earning $25.00 an hour, instead of the paltry $19.00 that the other new hires get. Do you suppose he has health insurance to cover when he gets soaked with milk, or when he loses one of his gumdrop buttons?

We mailed this picture, along with the math picture, and the Gingerbread Man, to Chloe's kindergarten teacher, Miss Moore. It was a lot of fun to help document his travels. Run, run as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!

6 comments:

a gimbel said...

haha... you guys are funny. No cameras in the plant dad.

-karl

Margie and Brandon said...

You guys are funny. I tape a gingerbread man cut-out to a picture of me on the Outer Banks beach and sent that in.

Maybe we'll send another one as I want Chloe to get the most in her class ;-)

Love
-M

a gimbel said...

I sent a postcard, but no picture... I'm the worst uncle ever.

-karl

a gimbel said...

Karl, you are not! Chloe is going to be so excited. She talks about her family all the time & will be thrilled to get pictures & postcards. You guys are the best.
Did everyone see the new picture of little Nora on the Hawkins page? She's so adorable. You can almost smell the baby powder & lotion. I don't think I can wait till February
-C

a gimbel said...

I love Casey's comment about smelling the baby powder and the lotion! Betsey said that baby Eleanor smells so wonderful! Someone needs to package that new baby smell. It is heavenly!

When I called Betsey tonight, they were driving back from the Grove, and Nora was crying and crying and crying. Betsey said she absolutely hates her car seat. She said Nora likes the stroller, because she gets to lay down, but that she cries every time they drive somewhere.

Of course before our conversation ended, she cried so hard, she was exhausted, and fell asleep. I remember when Dad used to take all you guys on car rides if you wouldn't fall asleep, because that always did the trick. I think you were just so used to riding in the car because back then, we had to travel thirty miles just to go to church on Sundays (and Tuesdays and Thursdays!). We also had all those long trips driving out to Minnesota, then Arizona, and finally, Utah.

Yeah, you all slept great in the car.

-Claudia-

a gimbel said...

I don't know what it was about Chloe's car seat but when she was very little she refused to lean back in it. She would crunch forward making sure her head never touched the back of the seat & it didn't matter how long the drive. Then she would get hiccups from contracting her diaphragm so long. Funny
-Ryan