Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Worst movie ever


I know I've talked about it with some of you, but let me tell all of you. Because I Said So was the worst movie ever and I was just wondering what movie you guys thought was the worst movie of all time. Let me know.

4 comments:

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

Van Helsing.

Edward and I saw it in the dollar theatre and laughed so hard that nobody could hear the terrible dialogue. (But we could see the fantastically bad acting.)

a gimbel said...

Okay, I know you're going to laugh at my comments, but I have to be honest here. The worst movie I ever watched was "Billy Jack" in 1972. At the time I watched it, I had gone to the movie alone. Ed had already left college to return home to Arlington Heights, and all my friends were working, and I really wanted to see it.

Anyway, I cried my eyes out! Oh, the injustice of it all! How could the world harbor such hate! "Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat your friend. Do it in the name of Heaven, it will justify it in the end" wailed the theme song, sung by Maureen McGovern. And remember, this was during the whole Viet Nam thing, so, of course, we were all anti-establishment wannabees.

I had the opportunity to watch it on late TV a few years ago, and WAS I EVER EMBARRASSED! What a horrible, trite, cliche-ridden piece of trash. What a naive goof-ball I was in 1972.

Okay, I heard that, Ed! I am not!

-Claudia-

a gimbel said...

I thought you would say 2001: A space odyssey mom. I've heard that's the only movie you've ever walked out on.

-karl

a gimbel said...

That's true. 2001 WAS the only movie I ever walked out on. I was on a date, (not your dad) and I think I wanted to stay and watch it, but I think he wanted to leave. I am cheap enough and curious enough to never actually WANT to walk out of a movie. I always think it might get better. But I remember that he wanted to leave.

Still and all, I am embarrassed that I considered Billy Jack the most moving and powerful movie, and then it turned out to be such junk. I always talk about what a good memory I have, and I always remember thinking that I was so cool, and then I read stuff like old letters I wrote or see stuff like that movie and it reminds me that I was really dorky. Ed says that to him I'm the same person now that I always was. Hmmmmm. Go figure.

-Claudia-