So anyway... as we were going down the list of all the stuff he's doing; cooking, grocery shopping, cleaning, washing windows, dusting, laundry, scrubbing toilets, shoveling sh--oops I mean snow, painting, organizing his office, working on the garage--the list is endless; he asked me what I'm doing to contribute the the betterment of the family.
Boy, I really had to think hard. Of course, the top of the list would be that I'm the family bread-winner! I get to be the one to pay the bills. I'm also the our family public relations specialist, AND the social director. (Now, you know at this point, I am really scrambling to find meaning for my existence.)
I'm also the acting spiritual liaison for the family, and the communications expert. On occasion, I even function as the family spell-checker. I still work in gifts and acquisitions, although he has become much more proficient at ordering via the internet than I.
Anyway, at this point, I can't think of any more pretend jobs that I do that sound funny, but if you can think of any pointless, banal, pseudo-job that I do around the house besides grade papers, do Relief Society or sorority stuff, OR anything that has to do with scrapbooking, or whining, please post your contributions to my cause. All entries will be taken with a light heart (not on my sleeve!)
Love, Claudia
4 comments:
MOM!!!!! You do tons around the house.
-You make all of us feel youthful. Every time you pray it is so long I HAVE to open my eyes like an impatient 5 year old.
-You always make sure we make the 500 word minimum for blog comments.
-You are the resident baked beans expert.
-You make sure every newspaper is read, catalog is scoured, and sudoku is demolished.
-You make sure we meet our crying quota at any family gathering.
-You let us know how GREAT we all are... I think you are easily impressed.
-karl
you head the welcoming (with open arms) committee
not that ed is not a member, but you must admit to being it's leader.
Emily
Thank you all for your wonderful comments about the little one coming this oct. can't wait
Claudia when you have such a wonderful husband that does all those thing to help out - it must be great to be the little crafter that you are. Its just eds caring way of taking care of you - i just can't picture that busy body sitting on the couch drinking a glass of milk watching bad tv all day. i don't believe that i have ever seen ed sit down unless it was for dinner.
Stacey, you are so right. There are two things about Ed that no one will ever see. First you will never just see him sit. Second, you will never see him without his shoes on. It stems from a bad experience he had dropping a Tonka truck on his bare toes.
I don't mind sitting. I just hate sitting grading papers! :)
Karl and Emily, I appreciate your kind words. Ed just loves to Lord it over me that he does more work around the house than I. But I sure hear some interesting rumors about his work ethic at WORK! Hmm.
Claudia
Post a Comment