As the end of the online auction approached last night, I turned the responsibility for the final bid over to Richard. I was very stressed about winning. Richard convinced me that I needed to wait until less than a minute until the auction was over so that I could guarantee a win! It made me nervous so I played with Nora while Richard refreshed our computer over and over, waiting until the final seconds to bid!
Well, 15 seconds until the auction ends and Richard enters his bid. Unfortunately, e-bay had logged me out due to inactivity! By the time Richard logged me back in, the online auction was over. I had lost. Richard felt so badly about it though that he found another person selling 15 of the books. You could buy all 15 books for $80, without bidding on them. He found the rest of the 11 books on amazon.com. With shipping and handling, I think we ended up spending $140 for all 26 books. I think it was a good investment because I loved those books so much and I am sure that Nora will love them as well.
And just to remind mom what happened to the Sweet Pickles books at our house, they were in a box in the basement that got wet. The books molded and had to be thrown away.
No comments:
Post a Comment