Sunday, May 4, 2008

Edward Russell graduates from Basic Training

I got the opportunity to attend Edward's graduation from basic training at Fort Jackson, South CarolinaIt was wonderful to see  him, and we talked and talked and talked about all the aspects of his last ten weeks.  A BIG thank you to Margie and Brandon for facilitating the trip.  When I found tickets to Columbia, it was around $1200, but to fly to Raleigh was only $350.  Margie let me use her Saab (which was great fun to drive by the way), and I got to surprise the living daylights out of Rusty.  He said to himself, "Gee, that lady really looks like Mom.  Wait.... that lady IS Mom!"  I know he would have preferred to see Meridth, but I was still good enough.

Anyway, he is now in Monterey, California.  He will send his address (probably through Meridth), and let us know of his circumstances.  We can all be so proud of him.  It was an incredibly difficult time, and he got through it with his dignity and his integrity intact.

I'll try to post more pictures.  This internet connection stinks!

No comments: