Now, correct me if I am wrong, but Emily argued that TGIFridays was better than Chili's and Applebees was above both of them! Karl agreed with Emily. I was shocked. I had always thought of it as Chili's, then TGIFridays, and finally Applebees. Places like Macaroni Grill and Cheesecake Factory clearly rank above Fridays, Chili's and Applebees (at least that is what I think, does anyone disagree?)
So, what do you think? What are some of your favorite Chain restaurants? Do you think that Applebees is better than Chilis? Where does something like Denny's fit in the mix? How about Chevys, Chi Chi's or Banditos (Dad has strong feelings about Banditos).
Now people, don't get all snobby on me and say "Chain restaurants, they are all so lame!" You can't tell me that you don't love the chicken tenders and Chilis, the delicious Pasta Milano at Macaroni Grill, and I KNOW for a fact that Claudia LOVES the Jack Daniels ribs at TGIFridays.
Discuss
6 comments:
Actually, I believe that Karl and I agreed that the order (from best to worst) was (1) TGIFriday's, (2) Chili's, and (3) Applebee's. Right, Karl? Even if Karl doesn't agree, that's my vote.
I love the Chicken Crispers and Fajita Quesadilla's from Chili's... but that's it. As for TGI Friday's and Applebee's: two thumb's down.
1a. chili's
1b. olive garden
2. applebee's
3. tgifriday's
-ryan
A lot of restaurants gets graded by prices, and if that were the case here, you would almost have to agree with Richard. TGIFridays, and Olive Garden have the highest prices, although I think Olive Garden has more cachet, in terms of atmosphere. I love to eat at both places, although as Betsey revealed, I would eat TGIFriday's Jack Daniel's ribs anywhere, anytime. Chili's would be next, with Applebee's at third place, simply because their prices are so much more reasonable. But what about places like Don Pablo's (closed in FW, by the way), Outback Steakhouse (Great coconut shrimp), and Denny's. I have many happy memories of Denny's breakfasts with Ryan, Casey and the girls. Our last experience at Olive Garden in Ogden didn't impress me, but then again, Brandon and I had a wonderful time at the Longhorn Steakhouse.
It probably isn't the best thing for me to sit here and obsess about all the wonderful places there are to dine out. You can certainly tell I never miss a meal. I do enjoy going out to dinner with my kids and grandkids, though, where there is no pressure to cook or put together some big meal. When is the next time we can get together? Dad and I will see Ryan and Casey in less than two weeks. We'll see Betsey and Richard again after that. Karl and Emily are always good for a weekend surprise visit.
Margie and Brandon, we miss you. Edward and Meridth, will you ever get a week downtime? I picture you slaving over your studies just like Richard, although he'll be done at the end of July, when he aces the bar exam. When do they predict you will be fluent in Arabic?
Love and miss you all. Claudia
olive garden is always good when i get to go - david always says he can make a bowl of pasta for less then $50.
chilis and tgifridays are always good. applebees is a no.
and of course you can never go wrong with dennys. we get that everynow and then at 3:00 in the morning when i am working.
man look at the memory on Richard!!! Yes, Fridays is the best followed by chills then applebees. I compared those three because they are essentially the same restuarant but at different levels with applebees being the worst. That place stinks. If we are throwing olive garden in there I would have to put it near the top but that could be just because I like that style of food better... As far as chain breakfast food I've got to go with bob Evans. That place is great... Steak places I don't know but I have to sati think Texas roadhouse is way overrated... I think the hardest restuarants to rank would be fast food burger joints. They are all so good... Burgers!!!!!! I haven't had a mcdonalds double cheese in over two years... I want one!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment