Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Brand-New Christmas Survey

So... we got home from North Carolina Sunday evening and there, in our pile of mail, were our very first two Christmas Cards.  One card was from my cousin, Darlene Boehm, who lives in the Kansas City area, and the other was from Jeanie Ferderber, who currently lives about three hours away in Michigan.  Kudos to those two wonderful women for being so prompt about getting those cards out, in this busy holiday season.  Then on Monday, card number three came from Julie and Dannie Probst (he's worked with Dad at GM since the very beginning) and today came card four, from my dear friend, Kris Wood in Minnesota.  

Before you become deluged in holiday wishes, tell us when you got your first cards and from whom.  It's just some fun trivia to share!

(Who wants to help write the Gimbel holiday letter this year?)

Love you all,
Claudia

6 comments:

betsey said...

Got my first card today from my old boss, Beth Garrett. She is amazing and diligent in getting 'em out. She is impressive in a litany of ways...not just in holiday cards.

a gimbel said...

I don't get christmas cards.

Karl

a gimbel said...

Well, we will all have to just change that won't we!

Here is Karl's mailing address:

Karl S. Gimbel
1439 West Daniel Drive
Greensburg, Indiana 47240

Now, let's see who Karl gets his first Christmas card from, and how fast it can happen!

Claudia

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

I'm pretty sure we've sent you a Christmas card Karl. Maybe you meant that you don't get cards that self-destruct upon opening.

Anyway... We got our first Christmas cards in the mail today and I was delighted. I love getting mail. Especially Christmas cards. I actually started doing it, ironically, because Margie threatened to stop sending us Christmas cards unless she got one. It was very motivating ;)

The Christmas cards we got today were from The Brimbhalls, old retired friends from our first ward, and Netflix.

I love December.

This is a fun post Claudia... Thanks. And thanks for Karl's address. A letter bomb will be on it's way!

a gimbel said...

I guess I did get a couple of Christmas cards from my suppliers, Neaton Auto and KCST

Hopefully my roommate gets the mail when that exploding letter bomb comes!!

Karl

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

Hee hee.