Tuesday, December 30, 2008

NYE 2009



Karl and I had planned on seeing the BULLS play on NYE and then spending a quiet night in Chicago, you know pizza, a movie, trying to stay up to see the ball drop, the usual. Then while searching for fun things to do around midnight I came across the party that our hotel is throwing:


It's in the ballrooms on the floor right above our room, and is for 3,500 people. YIKES! we have to wear wristbands so they know not to kick us out!

I'm nervous.




So what does everyone else have planned for NYE 09?

3 comments:

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

Sounds really fun Emily! Edward and I plan on spending an exciting evening with our dog.

I have to say of all the holidays I am totally a Scrooge about NYE. It's the most boring holiday. And if you don't drink... even more boring.

But your plan sounds much more pleasant than our plan. (We're just passing time 'till the next year.)

Margie and Brandon said...

Dude. C+C Music Factory? How was that?? B and I had an enjoyable NYE at his cousin's wedding. Hope you guys had fun in Chicago.

xo!
-M

a gimbel said...

We had a good time with our friends the Heimann's, the Barkey's and the Downing's. We cooked filet mignon steaks out on the grill, and had fun catching up on every one's latest news. We watched the ball drop, and by 1:00 everyone was gone and we were alone for the first time since December 19th.

I miss you all terribly, and spent the first new day of 2009 creating a new calendar, since the company that used to make our big calendars no longer sells them to individuals. You have to order over 100 to get them. Someday I will have to learn how to make a template!

Really, I do miss you all, even the teasing and ridiculing. Ed started working on Betsey's old room today. He moved out the desk, and brought it to the basement where he will strip it and repaint it after we decide what color to make her room. I took out the two standing dolls with the raffia hair, probably never to return. Is anyone sad? Betsey and Karl were very good at helping me throw stuff away. We love you all, and hope to see you again soon. We'll find another puzzle to do.

Love, Claudia and Ed