I think it looks like it took a lot of time. Kyle and I tried to make one last year that was pre fabercated and it still didn't makre it - I think it stood up-right for about 20 seconds. so i am impressed.
Sadly, This is nothing even close to what I created. I got a picture from Brandon today. I will have to post what I actually created. If only I were that skilled. There is always next year.
I know this isn't Betsey's house. It's too ultramodern, and it's still standing up straight. (We'll be waiting for Brandon's pictures). I think what makes a gingerbread house successful is to be sure the dough for the walls and roof pieces aren't too thick, and that they bake a little bit crispy. Betsey's pieces were thick and soft and chewy, which makes absolutely DELICIOUS gingerbread for eating, but doesn't translate well into houses. And Betsey's gingerbread was really great tasting. I was very disappointed when she threw all the pieces away!
3 comments:
I think it looks like it took a lot of time. Kyle and I tried to make one last year that was pre fabercated and it still didn't makre it - I think it stood up-right for about 20 seconds. so i am impressed.
Sadly, This is nothing even close to what I created. I got a picture from Brandon today. I will have to post what I actually created. If only I were that skilled. There is always next year.
I know this isn't Betsey's house. It's too ultramodern, and it's still standing up straight. (We'll be waiting for Brandon's pictures). I think what makes a gingerbread house successful is to be sure the dough for the walls and roof pieces aren't too thick, and that they bake a little bit crispy. Betsey's pieces were thick and soft and chewy, which makes absolutely DELICIOUS gingerbread for eating, but doesn't translate well into houses. And Betsey's gingerbread was really great tasting. I was very disappointed when she threw all the pieces away!
Claudia
Post a Comment