Saturday, February 24, 2007

I'm a wuss

Just another funny anecdote from my extremely interesting life. So I was home this weekend because Emily's sister was having a baby shower and I decided to come with (but I did not attend the baby shower, so NO that is not why I am a wuss). Mom was telling me about grandpa and how he fell and his arm was all gross and what not. Well I started feeling funny and got really light headed and had to sit down. I can't even take hearing about gross stuff!! I'm such a wuss. I went and saw him and I was fine. Who knows what's wrong with me. First, I run away from the zodiac and now this...

5 comments:

betsey said...

Wow...I think that Dad might have passed out when one of us was born? Is that true? If so, you are taking after him!

Seriously, I think all Gimbel's would be horrible doctors. I can't imagine sticking my hands into someone else's guts

Edward said...

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to crime scene investigation. Half-decayed corpses anyone?

-Rusty

a gimbel said...

It was Marjorie's birth that caused Dad to pass out. Actually, it wasn't her birth, because he didn't get to witness it. It was when the doctor was administering the epidural into my spinal fluid so I would be anesthestized during the Caesarean procedure. He was at a really critical point of inserting the needle without it going into the spinal cord and paralyzing me for life, when Ed fell across my body, and passed out.

It's funny because in subsequent years, Ed would end up watching the whole surgery for Betsey, Rusty and Karl, and not be woozy at all. He would see them take out my stomach and my intestines, and set them aside so he could get to the uterus without fainting. Go figure.

Sorry, Karl, for the graphic nature of this entry. Please don't read this unless Emily is there to take care of you.

Love, Claudia

a gimbel said...

i watched chloe's C-section. gross, but not too bad. i've cut myself to the bone and i do ok, as long as i don't look at it. i'll have to say, in recent history my children's vomit has been the worse for me. chloe barfed all over the floor the other day (too much candy i think), so i had to scrub that up. eek

-ryan

Edward said...

Going back to the Orange-Soda Incident, I recall Dad scrubbing the Suburban and feeling guilty about it. But he certainly didn't pass out.

After three years of having a high-gague needle stuffed into my veins giving plasma, needles do nothing to me.

-Rusty