Today was my birthday. I turned 31
I do feel older but i still have fun.
When i woke from my slumber at quarter till 8,
my wife had put up a sign with balloons. aint she great?
I took Ashley to school and shipped springs and struts.
When the Koni's come in, on the track i'll be nuts!!
Casey was done with school at Eleven fifteen.
We went to lunch for my birthay. isn't that keen!?!
Double Jalepeno is ambrosia devine!
looking for C.D.s to make mine.
i walked out with nothing because i'm a cheapskate.
it's all genetic, my wife thinks its great!
an afternoon nap really kicks ass.
i washed the impreza so buyers don't pass.
it was then that i spent some quality time
with that ever so lovely family of mine.
i read chloe some books
and helped ashley with homework
those two words almost rhyme so i'll ask you this favor.
continue to read! don't let attentions waver
the sun has now set and the lights start to dim.
spending time with my wife is not just a whim.
with a sip of some brew and a lounge in the chair
the day is almost done. time to let down my hair.
that last line is not funny. don't laugh you jerk
reading this to my wife got more than a smirk
i love you all and hope to see you soon
happy birthday to me and a kiss to the moon.
-ryan
10 comments:
That's cute...
...and slightly nerdly, which is cool.
-Rusty
you'll have to forgive me. i've been reading a lot of Dr. Suess lately.
-ryan
No man, it totally works. Keep that. It's really really good.
-Rusty
Happy Birthday, Ryan! Brandon and I can't wait to see you today! Our flights lands at 8:14p. (Delta #1165) Are you able to pick us up? Let me know if that's problematic. We can hardly wait to spend the time with you guys!
Happy Birthday, Emily! I love that we have all of these March birthdays in our family!
Kisses!
-M
Oh yeah! Emily! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (Whew!)
-Rusty
Claudia says,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMILY! We hope your day is as relaxed and enjoyable as Ryan's sounded like! (loved your poem, Ryan)
I think it's going to take me a few days to get up to speed. I am really sorry I didn't send a card or anything.
I think the world of you all!
Love, Claudia
That was great ryan. You're a neat dude.
-karl
Very nice poem Ryan! It is fun to hear about what you did on your special day!
Happy Birthday, Ryan! It was great seeing you and the fam this weekend.
Wait, Betsey and the Schard went to the funeral too? Was I the only one who missed it. Geeze, weak sause.
I = LAME.
-Rusty
Post a Comment