Yeah, Jon-Jon's been talking about visiting you guys for weeks now. I can't bellieve I didn't give you a heads-up. Yup, he's got a lot of fond memories of the Gimbel Manorhouse, but who doesn't? You didn't happen to take any digital photos of his wife and daughter, did you? I still haven't had the pleasure of meeting Jess. In fact, I haven't seen Jonathan since my wedding nearly 4 years ago. Sad how that works out sometimes. Anyway, I'm glad you had a good chat with him. It's true, servicemen do have a unique perspective on this war and its rammifications. I'm curious though, what was the jist of his analysis? I'm curious you see because in our political discussions via the internets, Jon's mentioned that he leans republican these days, even if he doesn't like Geroge Bush.Anyhow, glad you had a pleasent visit.
2 comments:
Ohmigosh! Blackmail Photos!
How much do I need to pay you to destroy this photo?
I guess the jig is up. I will never be mistaken for a beauty maven again. :(
Sorry I didn't get pictures of the J. Johnson family. Karl is using the digital camera at college these days, although Ed has done some research on a new camera, and I expect we'll have a new one soon.
I think the reason Jon is leaning Republican is because he really believes we need to prevent a preponderance of Iranian influence (I adore alliteration) in the Middle East. If Iraq falls, Iran will move right in and basically be in control of the whole region, from the Meditteranean to India.
He may still not esteem GWB highly, but appreciates the difference "the SURGE" is making in Baghdad's safety and culture. He says refugees are actually returning to the city now that it's safer, and agrees with General Petraeus that all is not lost, and that a turnaround is stil possible. I hope I remembered our conversations correctly and am not fabricating what I think I heard.
It WAS really interesting to talk with him, and hear the things he had to say. I have such a difficult time knowing who to trust, and who to believe anymore about anything political. Does anyone really know everything that is going on?
Oh well, I need to grade papers, so I'll sign off. I'm beginning to ramble. Pretty soon my brain will match the rest of my mushy body! Thanks for the thoughtful mother wishes.
Love, Claudia
I just noticed the contrast, the absolute juxtaposition, of the two pictures on this blog. Cool.
-Rusty
Post a Comment