Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Boo!

Toyota beat out GM on units sold in the first quarter this year. Boo.
http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/24/news/international/toyota_gm.reut/index.htm?eref=rss_topstories

Honestly, if there's a blander car out there, I'd like to see it...

2 comments:

a gimbel said...

what an ugly car. here in the beehive state, a lot of people talk up toyotii (more than one toyota?) as being the best, most reliable blah blah blah. didn't they have an amazing about of recalls last year? meh, we'll see how things go. i foresee a much more nimble GM rising from the ashes. this global architecture thing is really the cats pajamas. the bee's knee's. pimp juice. what was i talking about?

there is a car i drive past every now and then that has "pimp juice" stickered to the back of the 84 monte carlo. now that is SWEET!

anyway. this market shift will be painfull, but i think it will force improvements that were a long time coming.

-ryan

a gimbel said...

I don't think the camry is all that ugly... especially compared to impalas or a lot of other ugly chevy cars. The new Malibu looks nice though. I have faith in GM. I hate toyota and all the american car bashing the business school does around here.

-karl