Monday, May 21, 2007

"I think this is very neat."

http://www.decaturdailydemocrat.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5506&Itemid=27

8 comments:

betsey said...

Matt Dyer is on the city Council? That is crazy, the kid is a year older than me!

The condos sound pretty cool. Do you think that people will buy them? $98,000 for a one bedroom is pretty steep for Decatur standards (but CRAZY CHEAP by LA standards :) )

a gimbel said...

i thought the same thing when i saw matt dyer's name. "i think this is very neat". no one ever accused him of being too verbose. (remember the democratic presidential nominee debate?)

depending on how they leave the styling and with the high ceilings, it could be pretty cool

-ryan

Edward said...

Betsey's right though. Those prices will land you a house yeah?

...and what demographic in the developer aiming for? Are there a lot of young unmarried professionals looking for spaces in Deca-Tur? Or maybe people will buy them to rent them out.

At any rate, I'm pessimistic about it, but then again, I've hardly done my homework and, for the prices involved, I'm sure this 'sconsinite did.

a gimbel said...

I really doubt that guy did his homework cause if he did he wouldn't be coming to decatur... I would be extremely suprised if this project worked out. I really don't see a market for them. They could be neat though, I just don't see anyone in their right mind spending that kind of money in downtown decatur... This guy is just wacky.

-karl

Edward said...

Hey, as long as they're neat, who are we to judge?

a gimbel said...

good point rusty... NOT!!!!

-karl

Edward said...

Clearly you didn't find my sarcasm neat. Loser. :)

Margie and Brandon said...

Matt Dyer sent a note to mom and dad to solicit funds for his campaign for city council. I saw it while I was home. Interesting.

Anyway. I tend to agree with Karl. Not sure the necessary research has been done. I have been on many strolls in the d-town lately and am unsure what level of commerce exists downtown as well, what would attract the appropirate 20-something who would want city living.

Anywho.

Kisses to all!
-M