Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Celebreality



I am catching a quick bite at the Detroit airport last week when I look to my left and Vince Neil is sitting beside me. I know what you are thinking, Vince Neil doesn’t really constitute “celebrity” status because he appeared on the surreal life but for a few of us he is better known as the lead singer for heavy metal band Mötley Crüe.

Question to the family, what other "celebrity" run-ins has the family had over the years?

6 comments:

a gimbel said...

Okay, so I know nobody wants to hear my tired old story of backstage with Donny Osmond, or about my appearance on the Donahue Show, or even how I saw Lucy Luu on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, so I will tell you, the only reason I'm really writing is because Brandon, I want to know how you got those two dots (A German umlau) over the letters in Motley Crue. I'm assuming that Brandon posted that blog because he's about the only one flying in and out of Detroit these days. Anyway, that, my dear Karl, is something that I don't know how to do.

;) Claudia

Brandon said...

I like to hear your stories... Actually, I copied it from their website so I am not sure how to do it either. :-(

a gimbel said...

I saw vince vaughn in chicago with marjorie one time. I yelled his name and he gave me a peace sign. It was kind of funny. Other than that I don't have much. I see IU basketball players a lot but that's not really all that impressive. Eric Gordon (IU basketball player) is supposed to be NBA bound. Maybe I'll become his friend. I've met IU's basketball coach Kelvin Sampson too. I was helping rauch with some basketball clinic so we got to meet him. I suck. Life is not complete until I get a pitt or brit sighting.

a gimbel said...

Karl, you need to do another LA trip, and visit all the happening places. What are your Christmas plans? I haven't heard anything from you or Emily in forever.

Claudia

betsey said...

Richard and I have seen the following people in LA:

Jack Black (at a live-taping of This American Life, he is short)

Tim Gunn (at the LA Times book fair. He was dressed in a beautiful suit in the hot August sun. He looked amazing!)

Vincent from Project Runway (on our flight from LA to Newark NJ. He got up to go to the bathroom a lot)

Dominic Monaghan from Lost and LOTR (in the Barnes and Noble at the Grove. He was reading a book on the Beatles and the history of Rap music. I thought he was a woman)

Richard Kind from a lot of movies and TV shows including L&O, Mad about You, Scrubs, Curb your Enthusiasm (he was walking at the Grove).

I'm sure there are more people we have seen, but I can't remember.

stacey said...

well well well, i guess it pays to live in LA. Teressa, Jack, Justin and I were at a CUBS game and we were sitting a section up from where they were filming the Breakup with Jennifer Anaston and Vince Vaughn - Vince was the only one there. We were trying to come up with a way to get Jack down there so he (we) could get his autograph. it didn;t work.

I would never know if i run into a celeb. cause i think they look all different in person and i guess i don't pay that much attention.

ohh yeah i was at a bra store trying to find the perfect one for my wedding dress and i had Kyle with me (in the stroller) and this lady was talking to me, or Kyle (as they seem to do when you have kids) anyway whan she left the clerk was like do you know who that was - i was like no -- she said that was Amy Jacobson (NBC5 news lady) i was like ooohhh wow huh.