Friday, October 19, 2007

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHARD DEAR!

Happy 28th Birthday to my dearest Richard. Richard is such a wonderful husband and has been so incredibly supportive and kind during our entire marriage, but particularly during these last few months when life has been very busy. I am blessed everyday that he wanted to marry me! I thought I would highlight some of the wonderful things that make Richard incredible.

R is for righteous, for that’s what Richard is.
He keeps his eyes closed during the prayer
And is humble like the kids

I is for ice cream, for which Richard is always game.
He loves ice cream with cookies the best
And always shares, which isn’t lame

C is for caring, Richard cares for people small and big.
He loves listening and sharing with all around
And even loves animals, like dogs, cats…even pigs!

H is for Hott, Richard is hott with two t’s
I bet you that he is blushing now
And embarrassed, but I love him so please!

A is for academic, for Richard is as smart as they come
His keen mind amazes me and he works so hard
And he can remember things very well, his mind is tight like a drum

R is for riotous, for Richard is so funny, he’s a riot
My tummy hurts from laughing together all day,
And I bet you he could do stand up at the Hyatt.

D is for Darling, for Richard is so sweet and cute
He is the most adorable boy I know
And he dances around the kitchen well to boot!

(Sorry, no pictures, my laptop is crazy right now!)

5 comments:

a gimbel said...

I love that you would write poetry for your husband! That is so romantic, even if they're sometimes funny rhymes. I think loving a spouse has got to be the greatest, most fun, and happiest thing that ever happens to humans.

And of course everything you wrote about Richard is true. He is such a fantastic person. I feel so happy that you have found such a wonderful man to love.

As a matter of fact, I could say that about all my children's spouses. Each of you brings a special strength, and spirit to our family. I love Casey, Brandon, Richard, Meridth, Emily (even if she's not a spouse yet), and I love Dave and Tom, who I think are wonderful for Stacey and Teressa.

Anyway, I digress. Happy Birthday Richard. I will try and call you again. All my kids at school want to know more about you because you sound so interesting. They were really excited to wish you a happy birthday too.

Love you.
Claudia

a gimbel said...

Happy birthday dawg. You are super mega awesome and I'm glad you are part of the family. Keep up the good work.

-karl

a gimbel said...

Hott indeed. rawr!

happy birthday chard. all gimbels love you (and a perkins too)!!

ryan

Margie and Brandon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, 'Chard! The Koomans are thinking about you and hope that your drive back to LA with the Federal Judget went well!

We love you!
xo!
-M & B

stacey said...

happy birthday -- sorry late - don't come on-line offten enough