Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mother's New Addiction

Actually it's not really an addiction yet, since I've only been at the site 3 times in the last two weeks, but I found a new game. Two or three weeks ago, NPR had a blurb about this program called freerice.com, and what they do is they give you vocabulary words with four synonym choices. Every time you pick the correct synonym, you are donating ten grains of rice to needy countries worldwide. (They explain more about that at the website). Anyway,...you know me. I can't stop! I love racking up those bowls of rice, and I love being at the highest levels of performance. I don't know how high the levels go, to be sure, but I have been up to level 47! I just love words, and it really helps to know Latin roots. So if anyone else want to try it, or challenge me to a dual, the site is www.freerice.com and just check it out.

1 comment:

a gimbel said...

Claudia is talking trash about her rice skills. She wants a challenge...well to bad that I stink at vocab. I will never forget when I took the GRE the first time (when I was dating Richard) and I got the question to define Historical. The GRE questions get progressively easier when you are doing poorly. It was then that I knew that I was going to cancel my score and retake the exam.

Betsey