We are winding down this month of posts, and I can tell that you all are getting a little bored of this. I mean, no comments on the last post of the old T.V.?!?! Only one comment on those adorable pictures of Nora?!?! Please people, those were some money shots of the baby! She was in a bath! She had an adorable face coupled with cute fat rolls! Let's get to it!
I thought I should ask a question, maybe inspire some responses. What web resources do you enjoy? We recently signed up for this paid site called mvelopes. It is a online budgeting resource that links your credit cards, bank accounts, etc together. It allows you to create envelopes (get it? the name of the website) that divide your income into spending categories. Then as each transaction comes in on your credit card (or as a paid check or withdrawal), you assign the transaction to the spending envelope and the amount is deducted. This is probably the same as Quicken, but it's a lot easier to use. We love it and are using a real budget now! Yeah!
So, what web resources do you use and love?
P.S. Where does the title of this blog post come from?
4 comments:
Here is my web routine...
Check gmail
Check family blog
Check espn
That's about it. The title is from an 80's song. I'm not sure which one, but it's good. 80's music is my favortie.
karl
Doesn't your online bank account provide you those types of services, Betsey? Our does. But maybe this is better. Who knows.
I am like Karl. Gmail, Family Blog and then WSJ, Facebook, Linkedin and the like...
And I'd like to point out that I was the one that posted on the FAT, HAPPY, BATH BABY post. Nora is adorable. My post then makes me #1 aunt, right? ;-)
Love you!
-M
What bank do you use Margie? We have a small credit union here in LA that kind of stinks. We need to update and make some changes anyway. Your bank may be the way to go!
Only one of the largest institution in America. Bank of America. We had been Chase customers while in Chicago and they too had a pretty nice online interface. But BoA is a big bank here in the Carolinas so we made the swicth. And yes, the functionality online is fabulous. We can see and manage our entire portfolio -- ING Savings Accounts, 401K accounts. Very nice work. When you move to the Cleve you should check it out.
Post a Comment