Thursday, November 6, 2008

Come What May and Love it

I just read this talk from the LDS General Conference and I just LOVE IT!  I decided that this is going to be my new mantra, "Come What May and Love it."  I know that we all don't subscribe to the philosophies of the LDS church, but I personally think that this is a great little phrase and captures how I want to think of the daily, mundane, sometimes difficult tasks of life.  


2 comments:

a gimbel said...

It's always good to hear something like that every once in a while... it reminds me to remain happy even though Rusty is my brother. JUST KIDDING!!

karl

a gimbel said...

Being the Relief Society President really gives me a chance to see this in action all the time, and it sure makes me grateful for the people who find joy in life, and don't whine and complain about every little thing.

It's so funny. When Dad and I were together the other day-voting day-it was such a beautiful day. The sky was blue, the leaves were in full autumn regalia, and I just kept marveling at the gorgeous day. Finally I took off my sunglasses, and was amazed at the difference in the vivid hues. My sunglasses must have a hint of amber in the lenses, which makes the colors look much more bright, almost neon. When I showed Ed, and he looked through them, he called them my "happy glasses", because how could you be anything but happy looking at all those awesome colors.

Also, when Ed and I pray, we also thank Heavenly Father for our wonderful children (nieces, too), and their spouses. It has been such a wonderful joy to be your parents, and you all contribute so much to our happiness. I hope that I can always "come what may and love it!

Love you all,
Claudia