Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cupcakes, anyone?






Day one: Monday, April 23, 2007. Woke up at about 7:30a. Watched the news. I already miss the NBC5 Today show. Dick Johnson and Ellie Pie Hong live from the NBC5 Studio at Tribune Tower with their "Window on the Weather." Sigh. Took Lilly for a walk. Drove to Bluffton to the Starbucks. Did you know that Bluffton has a Starbucks? Yes. Brand new. Everything is clean but the service is slow. Need to remember that I don't have anywhere to rush off to, so there's really no reason to hurry. Home again. Changed clothes. Eliptical trainer for 30 minutes. Did you know that Dad has an Eliptical Trainer? It's nice and provided a good work out. Showered. Put Lilly in her crate. Took Brandon to the airport for this 2p flight to San Antonio. Drove to Borders. Looked at cook books. Thought about making a casserole for Dad. Called Kellie. Made plans for tomorrow. Decided against buying a cook book. Decided instead to make some cupcakes. Went to Hobby Lobby. Purchased frostings bags, tips and cupcake boxes. Drove home. Talked to Karl. He was a presentation tomorrow at 1p. His group is lame, though and usually gets the lowest grade in the class. Let's hope tomorrow is different. Home again. Made 48 cupcakes. 24 Yellow and 24 Chocolate. Dad home. Mom was working at McDonalds. Did you know that Mom's school has an occasional fund-raiser that makes them work at McDonalds? She sometimes cooks food, sometimes works the register, sometimes cleans tables. Life skills learned. Tonight was cleaning tables. Dad went to Lowes. Needed some lumber. Began frosting cupcakes. Mom and Dad helped. (See picture) Made orange frosting for Dad. Dad likes orange. Mom does not. Might be why she doesn't like the new desk? Talked to Betsey. She was driving home from school and is working on 2 20 pages papers. Walked Lilly. Mom did the dishes. Did you know that Mom and Dad still don't have a dishwasher? Talked to Brandon. He went to a parade in SAT on the water way. He said it was lame and that they were overcharging for food. He went back to the hotel for dinner. Went to bed.

Good day? Yes, i think so.

Kisses!
-M

7 comments:

a gimbel said...

What a wonderful day!! Isn't life grand. You are living like a college student again. My presentation sucked... I froze during the middle... it was very embarrassing.

HOPEFULLY SOME OF THOSE CUPCAKES ARE STILL AROUND WHEN I GET HOME!!!!!

betsey said...

The cupcakes look amazing! I think you should send us some in the mail. Hawkins love cupcakes. Sounds like an awesome day! I am so jealous...why can't I be retired!

a gimbel said...

not only is she retired, she is living in an assisted living home. for free.


if you can't harass your sister, who can you harass.

-ryan

Edward said...

Meridth and I were debating whether you meant "orange" as-in-orange-flavored, or "orange" as-in-orange-like-the-color-orange frosting? I figured it had to be flavor because who really cares what COLOR frosting is as long as it's frosting-y delicious? Meridth thought that Dad would have a preference for bold colors that Mom might not share.

So which is it?

-Rusty

a gimbel said...

Claudia writes,

The frosting was only the color orange--not orange flavored. And Meridth is right. She is an excellent observer of details. I love pastels, and solid colors much better than those bright vivid colors like loud orange. I can't help it. It's how I was conditioned. It's not that I don't like vibrant colors, because I really do. My scrapbook pages reveal that. However I don't do a lot of orange.

Do you remember that children's bedroom in the front of the house in Walworth? Margie and Betsey slept there before we moved away in 1986. From the time that we moved there, the colors were white and bright orange. It was Dad's choice, of course, and even the crib, which we bought at a garage sale and used for all five children was painted white with bright orange trim, including the bright orange sun with the four wheel drive truck superimposed onto it.

Dad likes orange. It's not my favorite color, but I can be tolerant.

Love and miss you all. Claudia

Edward said...

>Gasp<

I've got sence-memories of that crib!

-Rusty

Margie and Brandon said...

I remember that crib too. It was that last thing I saw before the ceiling fell on me. Do you remember that?

I was probably 4 and had been sent to my room for a misdeed. It was a hot day and I guess the door was stuck at the top. I was hanking on the knob and kicking the bottom, trying to get out. (And screaming /crying my eyes out) All of sudden the plaster from the ceiling fell on me.

Terrible.

-M