1. Nora's favorite book is officially this book. She sat on Richard's lap this evening while he read it twice! Nora rarely makes it through three pages of a book before leaving our laps.
2. Grandma Carol Lee just left this morning. It was a nice visit. We are now gearing up for Thanksgiving. I can't wait!
3. Did you know that I am taking a ceramics class? Every Thursday night for two hours. It has been a lot of fun. The class is about working on the wheel. I think that I will probably sign up for the class again. It is really casual, like an open studio with a little instruction in the beginning. I love the Cleve'.
4. Nora is getting very good at her wave, blowing kisses, a high-five, and pointing at lights. We are going to start working on her animal sounds. She can roar like a lion and quack like a duck. She isn't great at those, so we need to work on them.
5. Finally, I really love Coke Zero and Cherry Coke Zero. They are two of my favorite things in the world.
3 comments:
What fun thoughts! The book 'Hush" looks interesting. Is it a Newbury medal or a Caldecott Medal? It's got one of those medals that I've always looked for when I read or buy children's books.
How did Carol Lee like Kirtland? Had she ever been there before? I bet she just loved hugging and snuggling that little girl. And I'm sure she felt that same tug of emotion at driving away, wondering when she would see you all next--the same sadness I feel whenever we part. I feel like I have been having those twinges for so very long. First, whenever I would have to drive away from my parents house, then driving away from Ryan and Casey's. I'll tell you kids--you live too far away!
Dad didn't know you were taking a pottery class. The missionaries were over tonight, and they were asking Dad when the last time was that he threw any pottery. It's been several years. He took a college class a while back, to stay on top of his skills. If General Motors tanks, he can always go back to making pots......don't know if it will pay the bills, though. He has told me that I'd better get used to living off of my paycheck.
I can't wait to see Nora's "new tricks". She is growing so fast. I can't believe she's almost a year old. (Stop me before I break out in a chorus of "Sunrise, Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof) I love you all and miss you so much
Claudia
Did you take Carol Lee to the cupcake shop? You guys should get paid for marketing.
karl
QUACK like a duck? it sounds so freaking cute, I cannot wait to hear it!
Post a Comment