The Hickory Ridge Lookout Tower was built in 1936 to protect the Hoosier National Forest from wildfires.

Here is the long, winding road to the tower. It took FOREVER to get there... okay like 20 minutes.

The leaves were many very pretty colors

It was a good time to go



It was very scary walking up the stairs... I think I started to hyperventilate. I didn't think Emily was going to make it up, but she joined me after I was already up there. Apparently I was shaking the tower too much.


The tower is 110 feet tall and has 123 steps.


This is way too long and way too many pictures for this tower, but it was fun!!
7 comments:
wow what brave people you are.
the trees do look pretty.
I wouldn't have walked up this. I get so scared of heights. Especially outdoor heights. No good.
isn't there one of those at the state park near us? i remember walking up a tower like that when i was younger.
ryan
well, us "decatur" us.
ryan
I don't remember one, but there very well could be. Maybe you're thinking of that lake with the tower to jump off... just kidding. What was that place called?
karl
Yes there's a tower like that near Decatur it's at Quabache, they have buffaloes there too! and Karl were you talking about Pine Lake? I used to love going there when I was little; then I went back when I was like 17... Oh my goodness it was soo dirty, wish I was still a kid and didn't care about that stuff.
Post a Comment