Monday, June 4, 2007

Hong Kong Hawkins

I'm here! I've made it to Hong Kong! After three long weeks without Richard and a very long flight (with a kid in the seat behind me kicking my seat every few minutes), I've made it to Hong Kong! Richard was waiting at the airport for me and it was very nice to see him again.

He had to go to work as soon as I got there, so we dropped my stuff off at the apartment (which is TINY!) and then we walked to his office. I spent the morning exploring the area around his office. The streets are busy-full of people and traffic. There is a ton to see everywhere, from the alleys full of venders selling knock-off bags and clothes to the posh shops like Louis Vitton (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) It was a lot of fun to explore a little. I spent the afternoon unpacking and relaxing (I watched the Fugitive, that is a great movie!) and took a little nap before Richard got home.

Last night, we took the escalator up the mountain up to a neighborhood called the midlands (I think, maybe...I could be wrong) and ate at a Chinese restaurant (we were depating between Mexican and Chinese, I thought we should have Chinese for my first night in Hong Kong). By 8:00 p.m. I was exhausted and we walked home to go to sleep. I'm feeling pretty good with the time change, we'll see how I feel today!

4 comments:

a gimbel said...

I LOVE the fugitive. I watch it everytime it is on TV. I hope you have fun. Be safe. we love team hawkins.

-karl

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

I also love el Fugativo...it's a classic Harrison Ford movie because it has the classic Harrison Ford finger.

Bets..I love ya and am glad your with your husband. It's nice to be married and live together...

Have fun in Hong Kong guys...(I'm jealous).

Edward said...

I think it's keen that we've got Gimbels (Hawkinseses...whatever) on three continents. Go us! I'm so super stoked to have so many different clocks on my computer showing the various time zones...feels like the New York Times.

Glad you survived a kicky-kid and landed in a Communist country. Way to be.

-Rusty

a gimbel said...

Were so glad to hear you made it there safe & sound. It sounds like you're having a great adventure (leave out the rowdy kid on the plane).
Ashley wants me to request that you call her (she's only asked 5 times since I've started typing).
The girls love their pencils. Well....Ashley thinks they are brilliant, Chloe set them on the kitchen table and kept looking in the bag asking where the candy was. They are lots of fun.
Love you & miss you both
-Casey, Ashley, & Chloe
(Ryans at work)