Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hooray!!!

I just feel giddy!

6 comments:

betsey said...

HOORAY is right! And HOORAY for Indiana going for Obama, that is AMAZING!

a gimbel said...

WOOHOO!! I need some positive talk... work is full of ignorant republicans...

"I just don't trust him, with all of his muslim ties"

Karl

Edward said...

I remember seeing a clip where someone said he was "Muslim-leaning." What does that even mean?

a gimbel said...

It means his name sounds different... I don't see where else people could be getting that

Karl

a gimbel said...

from here.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslimfaith.asp

funny stuff.

ryan

a gimbel said...

You guys, Dad and I are so excited about the election. It is so moving to us to see an African-American become the President. For the last couple of decades, I have despaired that the sentiment that says anyone can be president has just been empty lies. I have seen the amount of money it costs to run, and have felt that only wealthy people stand a chance of being elected. This year, with all the nickel and dime contributions made to Barack Obama's campaign, many by first-time contributors (see Carol Lee's comment in Betsey's blog, plus your dad contributed), we got to see how it works when the people all get behind someone they believe in, and feel they can support. He had more money than anyone, EVER!

I sure love this country, and I feel sorry for those who believe all the divisive blow-hards on TV, radio, or on the internet. They just haven't grasped the melting pot idea, yet, even after lo, these two hundred plus years. We need to start calling upon these people to grow up, and face their prejudices.

Thanks for all your comments.
Claudia