
After LeBron James' performance in game 5 against the Pistons, Zach Smith had this to say:
"The first time I've heard a guy say "Jordanesque" and not immediately thumbed my nose at him. Wow! I, as Rusty could tell you, used to be a huge NBA fan. When Jordan dried-up, so did any class the game I loved had to its name. But seeing all that made me believe it's possible and if Lebron has a good head on his shoulders, which by all accounts he indeed does, we just might be treated to a few years of spectacular gameplay on par with his Holiness.
Its times like these I wonder what Karl Gimbel thinks."
And he linked to this highlights video of the game:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2033228989
Your thoughts Karl, so I may post them on to Zatch?
5 comments:
Lebron was absolutely ridiculous. He scored his teams last 25 points and 29 of the last 30. No one on his team scored but him for the last 12 minutes of the game. It was a really fun game to watch too. The way he played was so exciting, I really got into the game. I agree with Zach's comment that I wouldn't scoff at someone saying it is Jordan-esque, but with all that said... Michael Jordan is my favorite player and always will be. I think he is the greatest of all time. I think the media did wonders for Michael's career. For some reason, he could do no wrong in their eyes. He did wrong though (cheating on his wife, gambling, fighting with teammates, being selfish, etc...) but it is always overlooked(by the media and me). So I will always feel that he is the best of all time and luckily the media agrees with me and I think it will take a lot for them to change their minds.
This has been probably the longest comment I have ever posted. It is about basketball and Michael Jordan. Coincidence?
-karl
ali baba?
last one by me
-ryan
"Ali Baba?"
The same. We're still often in touch.
-Rusty
nice!
-ryan
Post a Comment