I find myself being cold a lot in my house because my roommates need the air conditioning on. I got used to no air growing up and like the windows being open.
I can't live without the air conditioning now. I think that it is the pregnancy! Also Hong Kong is hotter than hot. We went to Thailand this weekend and it was hotter than Hong Kong, I thought I was going to die! I heart air conditioning
I have to tell you that your dad still hasn't changed a bit. It was 95 degrees the other day, and I had Ruthann Penrod over to help her with a term paper, and Kathy Thorson came over to work on Jason's mission scrapbook (He still has one year left to serve in the Ogden, Utah mission), and thank goodness there was a nice breeze filtering through the house. Also both of those women were polite enough not to comment on Ed's quirkiness, although Ruthann later told me that her husband couldn't believe that we would have air conditioning and not turn it on.
Dad has promised me that we'll turn it on for Ryan and Casey and the girls when they come on Thursday, but the forecast is for low 80's in the day and mid-50's in the evenings. We won't even need air conditioning with those temperatures.
I do have to say that it has been so pleasant to have a great breeze these last few days. It reminds me so much of growing up in Minnesota, where the summer temps were fairly moderate, and there was always this great breeze across the southern prairies. I can't even imagine the oppressive heat and humidity of Thailand, with it's proximity to the equator, and to the Indian Ocean. Richard, how could you stand the heat for two whole years? I hope the Northern, more mountainous regions were more temperate!
Anyway, I can't wait to hear more of your Thailand adventures!
air conditioning is overrated... except for maybe when you're in thailand or hong kong and pregnant. Yeah Richard, how did you survive that heat for two whole years?!?!? I don't think anyone has spent more than two years in thailand ;)
6 comments:
I can't live without the air conditioning now. I think that it is the pregnancy! Also Hong Kong is hotter than hot. We went to Thailand this weekend and it was hotter than Hong Kong, I thought I was going to die! I heart air conditioning
I have to tell you that your dad still hasn't changed a bit. It was 95 degrees the other day, and I had Ruthann Penrod over to help her with a term paper, and Kathy Thorson came over to work on Jason's mission scrapbook (He still has one year left to serve in the Ogden, Utah mission), and thank goodness there was a nice breeze filtering through the house. Also both of those women were polite enough not to comment on Ed's quirkiness, although Ruthann later told me that her husband couldn't believe that we would have air conditioning and not turn it on.
Dad has promised me that we'll turn it on for Ryan and Casey and the girls when they come on Thursday, but the forecast is for low 80's in the day and mid-50's in the evenings. We won't even need air conditioning with those temperatures.
I do have to say that it has been so pleasant to have a great breeze these last few days. It reminds me so much of growing up in Minnesota, where the summer temps were fairly moderate, and there was always this great breeze across the southern prairies. I can't even imagine the oppressive heat and humidity of Thailand, with it's proximity to the equator, and to the Indian Ocean. Richard, how could you stand the heat for two whole years? I hope the Northern, more mountainous regions were more temperate!
Anyway, I can't wait to hear more of your Thailand adventures!
I love and miss you all!
air conditioning is overrated... except for maybe when you're in thailand or hong kong and pregnant. Yeah Richard, how did you survive that heat for two whole years?!?!? I don't think anyone has spent more than two years in thailand ;)
-karl
...not in a suit and/or tie anyway.
-rusty
You're right... no one in those areas wears a suit and tie to work everyday...
-karl
No way...they wear grass skirts with a bone in their nose...Doctor Sarcasm.
Post a Comment