Greetings everyone!
Hoping this blog finds you all enjoying the evening. I absolutely LOVE Friday nights. They are, by far, my most favorite time of the week. You have the whole weekend ahead of you. Saturday morning, it seems, starts the count-down to Monday. But Friday nights. Ah! No worries. No Stress. Just the calm of Fridays
Our Saturdays are usually spent running errands and doing all the things that we couldn't even think about doing during the week. Home Depot. Bed, Bath and Beyond. ;-) All those great adult errands that you got to get done. I went to the book store last weekend and pick-up a book on container gardens. I'm thinking of planting some things this spring to enhance the small outdoor space that we have here. Historically, though, I've been like Mom -- blackest thumb in all of Chicago. But I'm hoping this book will help show me the way. I'm going to research a bit more tomorrow and see what I need to do when.
I've also got to work a little tomorrow. Now, I know. I know. You all think that all I ever do is complain about my job and while that might be true. I think the complaints are warrented. This job / industry SUCKS. Or maybe it's just the pace of work nowadays. I'm connected at all times. Got two client emails at 8p today. Why? What in the world are you doing that you need to email me on Friday night at 8p? Why? We're a culture so CONNECTED, that we never, ever let it go. Relax. Enjoy the moment. It's all, "Who needs what now?" And, "What else should I be doing?" There are times when I think, "God, it'd be nice to have been born in 1831." How simple a time. You worked and provided for your family and that was that. I mean, granted. I work and provide for my family. But it's not as direct. It's toiling away at a completely oblivously thing - like creating an ad. Who cares? What's the strategy behind the ad? What are you trying to sell? Bla. Bla. Bla. Makes me want to move to Montana and plant a field of corn.
Anyway. I'm just venting. I'll post some pictures of MY CUTE dog. Lilly.
I miss you and love you all so much!
-M
2 comments:
Isn't it terrible that we always have to be connected like that? A lot of times I feel lost without my cell phone, which is horrible. I didn't get a cell phone until my freshman year of college and even then I left it in my room all the time. It's funny to think that my older siblings have had such different experiences. I think about what it was like for marjorie down here at IU. Obviously it wasn't like she was riding buggies to class or etching on stone, but still...
Marjorie, I'm also interested in the sustainable design ceiling tiles your agency does work for. I want to be green like brad pitt. He's so hot!!
-karl
the similarities between now and then are now you get an email at 8 pm from a "customer" or you have a calf become ill or have to give birth or something else farm related blah blah blah. its part of growing old. you just have to make sure you make "you" time.
-ryan
Post a Comment