Monday, January 29, 2007

Sunday evening

Richard and I are just sitting here on this Sunday night eating popcorn. Do you all remember eating popcorn for dinner on Sunday nights out of the wooden bowls. I also think we would make popcorn in the orange bowl. Which also doubled as the puke bowl...but whatever!

Richard was asked to teach early morning seminary tomorrow, just for one day. I'm going to help out as well. Teenagers at 6:30 am can be brutal, we are hoping that maybe that with a tag team effort, we can take them on.

I was just cleaning out my Christmas cards and found the adorable card that Stacey sent. She also send a little note about ordering pictures from her wedding. She sent instructions about ordering copies of the pictures. If you haven't checked out the pictures yet you should...there are a couple of great ones, including Margie doing the chicken dance, Claudia dancing in a congo line, and some sweet ones of Dad dancing with Stacey. I ordered a few myself and when I sent the email to Stacey, I told her about the blog, since she is also a Gimbel (okay...she is a Phipps now...but a Gimbel in coolness)

I hope you all have fun plans for the week....Happy Monday!

3 comments:

a gimbel said...

Ahh I remember the sunday night popcorn sessions with the wooden bowls. We used to watch the simpsons or at least in my day we did.

I remember one time me and burkhalter made popcorn in the puke bowl and about half way through he realized what it was and freaked out. I think mom finally threw it away later, after I left it in my room for an extended period of time with a little bit of puke left in it. Or maybe it's still used to whip up our favorite thanksgiving stuffing. I'm not sure.

-karl

a gimbel said...

Just so you know, the puke bowl is gone. It exists somewhere as landfill in the environs outside Decatur, never to be used again for making stuffing, popcorn, or homemade bread. By the way, what do you suppose hot hot water, and detergent would do to little germs?

Mom

a gimbel said...

But Mom! Germs can hide in plastic! They hang out in the porus materiel, waiting, conniving, plotting our doom!

For the record, I never never had any greviences about the puke bowl.

-Rusty